Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stef's post this morning!

I can't seem to post!  But this is what I'd like to say to the group....

Hello everyone!  I appear to be having some technical difficulties with the
blog.  My intent is to post this as a new heading, "Inspiration", but I'm
not sure if this will work....

I'm very excited!  I left after the Launch Party for a nursing conference in
Sunriver for 3 days.  It wasn't ideal timing, as hotel living doesn't really
allow for healthy meal planning, etc. but I must say that I didn't
completely circle the drain!  I walked a lot, relaxed, and shared good times
with girlfriends.  Food for the soul.

A note on inspiration.... I had the opportunity to listen to a motivational
speaker, named Kurt Bauman.  http://www.kurtbauman.com/ He shared his
amazing story of being diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at the age of 35-- he
was married with 2 children.  Later, his 10 year old son was also diagnosed
with diabetes as well as Celiac disease.  He committed himself to running a
marathon and after 18 weeks of training, completed his first.  He went on to
set a goal to complete 50 marathons in 50 states and 7 marathons in 7
continents.  He's on #33 and has done them in 3 continents so far!  What an
inspiration, right?  In his talk, he kept repeating the following...."Expect
the Unexpected, Do the Unbelievable".... I think I might just write that in
lipstick on my bathroom mirror!  

Also while on my trip, I visited the cutest little shop and bought a small
treat for myself.  It's a glass jar with the following saying..."She packed
up her potential and all she had learned, grabbed a cute pair of shoes and
headed out to change a few things".... my plan is to put money in the jar
whenever I exercise.  When it's full, I'll do something special for myself
with it.

Today is "National Walk to School Day" and I began my morning doing just
that.  I walked with my 3 boys to school and then the baby and I walked
home.  Fun energy walking in a group!  So, I must go put some money in my
jar :-)

See you at the noon workout....
Stefanie

2 comments:

  1. Stef,
    I love this post and I'm so excited about your pot of $! I'm laughing because below Kunjan posted that she started setting side money for her good days as well. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! Love it
    See you at noon :)

    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great meeting you today! Hopefully I'll see you Tues morning or Wednesday next week.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts