Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Great start to the week...

So on Sunday, we had a parent social in the early evening. It was one of those usual events with lots of bad for you appetizers and wine...

I was thankful for two things - 1. Christy was there to lend support!!! :-) and 2. We had talked about what to do early that morning. It really helped! Turns out, I had a couple of appetizers, but nothing that violated a challenge. I chose to not indulge in the wine because I have other events coming up this week that I am saving for... :-) All in all, it was a successful evening!

Workouts have been good so far too. BUT, the real work is just beginning... tomorrow is Diwali (Indian New Year), so that means lots of decadent food temptations, and then this weekend are the parties... it's not the sweets that are tempting me, it's the fried foods that are so difficult to resist. But I will try... I'll try mostly to remember Liz's post about how she felt after she ate the pizza and cake, and realize hopefully that I don't want to invite that!

Hope everyone else's week is going well. See you all on Sunday!
Kunjan

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with tomorrow and Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sad! I just wrote a long response to your post but somehow it isn't showing up? here it is in a nutshell:

    Before you attend these wonderful events take some time to really appreciate them for what they are truly about. Friends, family, New Year, etc. etc.. Celebrate these important events for what they are-- You will not remember what you ate but you will remember the conversations and good times. Remember you do not have to eat the fried foods and sweets to appreciate all the time that was put into the feast! Appreciate these events by good conversation and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did it go with the New Years celebrations?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not so good... I had a cocktail, and those are dangerous, because your inhibitions drop... but, I saw Christy the following morning, and she reminded me that I can always start again, so I did yesterday...

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts