Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ouch!

Not sure how much I love Wednesdays.... they consist of TWO workouts for me... Sierra's 5:30am Bootcamp class at Bonny Slope Elementary and the 12:00 noon Bootcamp at Kinetics.  First off... not bragging, but I simply am doing this because it's what my schedule permits.  Today, I'm definitely suffering (which looks like me having trouble sitting down on the toilet seat and completing my 50 squat challenge) but it played out....

Doubling up on workouts kind of reminds me of high school sports when you did 'Daily Doubles' (anyone else relate to this?), not to a mother of 3 needing to lose some weight.  Okay, I'll admit, I was still sitting in front of my computer working in the office at 11:30, thinking to myself.... "I guess I don't have to go to the noon class, after all, I already did the class this morning.... I do have a headache.... and the 2 year old is happily playing, why bother that?...."  BUT.... the NEW me put the brakes on that!  I reminded myself of my commitment and got myself out of my chair, scrambled to get my kid into some clothes and out the door! 

The door is the 2nd biggest burden of all (the 1st is the mind).  Once I was driving, I was fine!  Sure, I thought the workout was great and my body was getting two fantastic ass-kickings, but after they were over, I celebrated more about the sense of accomplishment I felt and how I remained faithful to my commitment.  Yesterday was more about the mental workout than the physical.  Time to remember that we can all DO this!
 -- Stefanie

1 comment:

  1. I love this post-- I believe that when we make good choices that directly affect our health it is never a regret and yes we must celebrate them and embrace that feeling of accomplishment. If we can do this we have the ability to completely change our lifestyle to one that will naturally lead us to reach our goals. If each time we are tempted with a not so good choice (food, exercise, sleep, etc.) we need to stop and remind ourselves that we will never remember the choice we made unless it is a good one-- I don't think I have ever regretted ordering a healthy meal while dining out or walking out the door for a workout. I have regretted ordering a fried sloppy make you feel sick dinner and I have definitely regretted a week long stretch of no exercise. So Stef, thanks for reminding us that we must celebrate our good choices and let them empower us to keep doing what we are doing.. YOUR AMAZING MAMMA!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts